Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Green Home Consultations

Thanks to the good folks over at Green Zone Home, I found out my house isn't quite as pathetic as I feared! I also learned that replacing my windows is probably not going to save me any money. Very interesting stuff! These guys do free energy audits from the City of Austin and also offer a more comprehensive report for $99. (This is the one I got). I especially like these guys because they are not a roofer/ hvac / window / insulation company which will, most likely, focus on how important it would be to get a new roof/ ac/window/insulation.

Surprisingly easy and inexpensive techniques to lower our energy bills! Also some troubleshooting on the one room upstairs that is always hotter than the rest of the house.

So, thanks to Greg over at Green Zone Home for taking the time to meet with us! Now I've got some projects to get working on.

You can give them a ring at: 512-467-0005.

No comments: